Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Potatoes a la Nancy aka Flavored Potatoes
Good evening readers! Thanks for tuning in for Tasty Tuesday.
I am sharing with you one of my mom's classic recipes. It's kind of her spin on mashed potatoes. Because she is Colombian, everything she makes is bound to have flavor. I love these flavored potatoes made with my Adobo seasoning (which I use on almost everything). My mom is notoriously bad at giving directions for recipes (she is very intuitive with the whole thing but on one auspicious occasion, I snagged her recipe.
The occasion was my sister-in-law's bridal shower. They had a recipe card book as part of the shower. My mom asked me which of her recipes my SIL might like and I thought something with potatoes. My dad tried to make sense of her directions and handwrote her recipe below. In the end, I transcribed it to the recipe card. My dad's handwritten version of the recipe (which I slightly altered) is below. I made a lot less potatoes than called for in the handwritten version. Hope you enjoy it!
1/2 green pepper
1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Adobo Sazon Goya (add more if desired for more Adobo flabor
Pinch of black pepper
Salt (to taste), optional
1. Begin by washing and microwaving the potatoes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, grate the green pepper and onion.
3. Once potatoes are out of the microwave, zpeel, mash with a fork, and set aside.
4. Fry green pepper and onions.
5. Add potatoes, Adobo Sazon Goya, and black pepper to pan.
6. Mix. If the potatoes are too hard, add a bit of water.
Yield: 1-2 servings