roasted zucchini as sides, although I frequently will pair this entree with potatoes/fries or coconut rice as my carb and broccoli, asparagus or some type of salad as my green vegetable.
This particular method of making steak is my husband's favorite. I typically make this recipe every week or two and it always hits the spot. I've basically slightly adapted this recipe from cooks.com, but kept increased the amount of garlic and used butter needed for two steaks).
- 2 filets
-steak/meat seasoning and/or flavored meat tenderizer
- 1.5 Tbsp butter
-salt and pepper
-1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
1. Trim any fat from edges of each filet.
2. Season with steak seasoning and/or meat tenderizer (I use both). Add a tiny bit of salt and pepper.
3. In large skillet heat butter and whisk in
garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add filets and quickly sear each
side. Continue to cook over medium heat approximately 3-4 minutes on each side, using a cook thermometer to make sure your meat registers at least 145 degrees (time of cooking varies depending on the thickness of your filets).
5. Remove filets mignons to serving platter.
6. Add wine to skillet
scraping up garlic in bottom of pan. Pour over filets mignons.