- 1 pound broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- *1/2 tsp of red pepper, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the stems of the broccoli rabe and place in the boiling water. Cook about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and saute garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli rabe and saute 5 to 10 minutes, or until desired doneness. Add red pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.