Photo added 10/28/12
Even though it's almost spring, I still love and miss all things pumpkin. While I was thinking about recipes I might post here I thought I'd add this pumpkin bread recipe from allrecipes. Try it...might change your life. I made a loaf and pumpkin muffins out of it since I did not have another loaf pan (I got this one at a bridal registry event I went to with my sister-in-law on a day we won so many items the other registrants started thinking it was rigged...nope just lucky). The best thing about making this was that it cemented my belief that I am an excellent baker; that and this is an excellent recipe.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar (I substituted one cup for brown sugar)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9 x5 inch loaf pan and line one muffin pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the loaf pan and muffin pan.
- Bake muffins for about forty minutes and bread for about an hour. Each should be considered done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.